Florence Parly, Minister of the Armies, has welcomed the delivery of the first O-NYX night vision binoculars in the 21st regiment of Frejus.
The binoculars, designed by Thales, is designed to provide soldiers on the ground with an improved resolution and a wider field of vision. The new systems will replace the LUCIE binoculars that are currently used.
Designed to ensure the maintenance of operational superiority of the French armies, LPM 2019-2025 focuses on improving the equipment and protection of the soldiers, sailors and pilots engaged in operations.
Defence Insight Analysis
These new night vision binoculars will equip the 21st RIMa and the 2nd Foreign Infantry Regiment (2nd REI) of Nîmes as part of the mission of the units of the 6th Light Brigade armoured early 2020 in the Sahel-Saharan band.
Main features of O-NYX night vision binoculars:
– Length: 112 mm / Width: 75 mm / Height: 79 mm
– Weight: 340 g
– Technology: light intensification
– Autonomy: more than 40 hours with battery or 25h with AA batteries 1.5 V.
– Extra flat and close to the face profile, ultra-compact and very lightweight, for increased comfort for prolonged use
– Wide field of view of 51° (compared to the usual 40°, +70% of the field of view) that improves the perception of the environment and the mobility of the soldier
You can discover the latest Security and Defense industry news, analysis and commentary every morning with International Insider Morning Defence News Briefing. Delivered daily by 9:00, Morning Defense News Briefing.examines the latest news in security and defense policy around the world.