We will help you decode the future by outlining the next week’s most relevant political meetings and events.
- The UK Liberal Democrat Autumn Conference continues in Brighton.
- Welsh Secretary Alun Cairns convenes with an Expert Panel in Wales to discuss the challenges and opportunities presented by Brexit.
- Lord Adonisto speaks at a Chatham House event: “Can and Should Brexit Be Stopped?”
- Jean-Claude Juncker, will attend the ‘Three Seas Initiative Summit’ in Romania to discuss energy, transport, digital interconnections initiatives in the Central and Eastern Europe area.
- Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society Mariya Gabrielto visit Serbia to discuss implementation of the Digital Agenda for Western Balkans.
- The Commission’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, will brief the Council, meeting in EU 27 format, on the Brexit talks with the UK.
- The United Nations General Assembly convenes in New York, continuing through October 5. The Assembly is likely to spend some time discussing digital issues.
- The UK Liberal Democrat conference continues in Brighton.
- UK Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt to meet with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe .
- UK DCMS Secretary Jeremy Wright to speak at the Royal Television Society annual conference.
- Sir Alan Duncan, UK Minister of State at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to speak at the IAEA in Vienna.
- UK Secretary of Health Matt Hancock visits China to promote co-operation on healthcare innovation.
- Informal meeting of EU energy ministers.
- Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Costa to visit Angola.
- Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban to visit Russia.
- Polish President Andrzej Duda to visit the USA.
- UK DCMS Secretary Jeremy Wright will meet EU Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality Vera Jourova.
- EU leaders will hold an Informal Summit in Austria to discuss Brexit, illegal immigration and qualified majority voting in foreign policy.
- A delegation from the European Parliament Education and Culture Committee will travel to San Francisco to meet representatives from the tech industry (Google, Facebook, Netflix and Apple), academia and civil society.
- The UK MP Owen Paterson will speak at a Heritage Foundation event on Brexit.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in will meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, for the third inter-Korean summit of the year.
- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan will visit the United Arab Emirates.
- EU leaders Informal Summit.
- Housing, Communities and Local Government Secretary James Brokenshire and the Shadow Housing Secretary John Healey will speak at the National Housing Federation Summit.
- Second day of the meeting between South Korean President Moon Jae-in and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, for the third inter-Korean summit of the year.
- Japan’s Liberal Democratic Party to hold leadership elections.
- Turkey to unveil its medium-term economic plan.
- UK Independence Party Conference.
- Second round of US-Japan trade negotiations.
- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov to visit Bosnia.
- German, French and Turkish Finance Ministers to meet in Berlin.
- Pope Francis to visit Lithuania and Latvia.